Wednesday, December 29, 2010

5 Gracious Gifts

There was something different in the air this Christmas.
I can't put my finger to it,
but I feel like everyone seemed to really think about the gifts they were giving.
I like that.

I always dread making the yearly "Christmas List"
so relatives will know what to get you.
No, this year, I felt extra special.

I don't know if it was the economy
or my attitude
or the egg nog
but this year gifts were a lot more sentimental to me.

Here are 5 of my gracious gifts:


#1: My mom got me a Bee House Dripper to make yummy coffee with! I have been wanting one for a long time.


#2: My lovely roommate gave me the most beautiful orange towel to match our new shower curtain. This may seem strange, but I have been wanting a grown-up alternative to my hot pink towels. I mentioned this to everyone, but I thought they might think I was joking. Connally didn't. :)


#3: My Aunt Sue and cousin Katie wrote me out tons of encouraging notes on brightly colored note cards. My aunt also put them in a box see has had since college to keep special notes in it. I felt so honored to get such a personal treasure from someone.


#4: Travis, my beau, personalized an ornament for me. I almost cried when I opened it. It is just so precious and sweet.


#5: My unfashionable but sweet daddy picked out these tan boots all on his own without any help from mom. I was impressed how close he got to my dream boots. It made it all the more special though because he chose them for me. Dad also started a new tradition: re-gifting. He and mom are starting to give some of their special possessions to me and my sister. This year he gave my The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis, his favorite author. I am so excited to read it and keep it in my book collection.

I also got some sweet handmade gifts from the other roommates not pictured here including a coffee candle and a necklace with an espresso cup charm. I love them both!

What was the most sentimental gift you received this year?

And just for fun:


I heart Sam & Kurt!

-Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment